1. We respect your privacy1.1. Legal Square respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
1.2. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
1.3. “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information2.1. Legal Square will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
2.2. This may include: names date of birth; job titles; contact information including addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers etc; demographic information; other information relevant to the customisation of a document on the site; information about services you have ordered; information from enquiries you have made; information about your web conferencing needs; information about your business or personal affairs; communication between us; credit card information; other information relevant to client interviews and/or promotions; and any other information requested on this Site or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
2.3. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
4. Use your personal information4.1. Personal information is only collected in situations where you have consented; where there is a legitimate interest to disclose the information and; where the disclosure of personal information is required for the fulfilment of your contract with Legal Square. Please consult our terms and conditions for further information on the contractual obligations between users and Legal Square.
4.2. Legal Square may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
5. Disclosure of your personal information5.1. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
5.2. We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
5.3. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Legal Square, its customers or third parties.
5.4. If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
5.6. Personal information is only disclosed to third parties in situations where you have consented to the transfer, where there is a legitimate interest to disclose the information and; where you are contracted to provide this personal information.
6. Security of your personal information6.1. Legal Square is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Access to your personal information7.1. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
7.2. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
10. Website10.1. When you visit our website
When you come to our website Legal Square we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
10.4. Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Legal Square is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.